Storytelling has always been part of my life. I grew up surrounded by books and I love to see stories given new life on the stage or in films. But to say why I write is like trying to explain why I look or speak as I do. It’s part of who I am, of what I need to do to process the world in which I live. I’m relatively new to publishing fiction on a regular basis. What I’ve noticed is this: I tend to write about the search for a sense of home and identity, resilience in the face of trauma or betrayal, and the immense power of joy which, to me, remains one of the great mysteries in life.
- A Review of Alligators at Night by Meg Pokrass - January 10, 2019
- A Review of Alligators at Night by Meg Pokrass - December 5, 2018
- The Story Behind the Story: “The Laundry Room Comes First” - November 19, 2018
- “The Laundry Room Comes First” - August 6, 2018
- Why I Write: Charmaine Wilkerson - May 28, 2018